I grill well into autumn. And I grill a lot of chicken. I have about three chicken marinades that I rotate through and they are getting a little old. So, I set out to find a new and different marinade to liven up our grilled chicken.
I adapted today’s marinade recipe from here. It has a Southwestern flair to it so I renamed it Southwest Grilled Chicken. If you like lime, you’ll love this. If you are not crazy about lime, you may not like this so much.
Southwest Grilled Chicken
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts
- Combine all the ingredients except chicken in a glass pan.
- Place chicken in pan, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Turn over chicken at least once while marinating, spooning the marinade over chicken.
- Grill over medium-high heat until no longer pink and reaches internal temperature of 180 degrees.