Creamy. Savory. Simple. Delicious. Healthy. Allergy Free.
You can have it all.
I never tried a squash soup before and I shouldn’t have waited so long! It is delicious! And easy!
Even meat lovers will find this soup satisfying. Make it for lunch or supper on a chilly day. It will warm you right up!
Savory Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 T. olive oil
- 3 T. tapioca starch (or corn starch)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups sligthly mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 T. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup hemp milk
- In a large pot, saute celery, onions and garlic in oil for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in starch.
- Slowly add broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat and stir in remaining ingredients except hemp milk.
- Keep uncovered and simmer for roughly 10 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup or transfer to a blender in batches and blend the soup until smooth.
- After blending, return soup to pot if using standard blender.
- Add hemp milk and cook until heated through.