Creamy. Savory. Simple. Delicious. Healthy. Allergy Free.
You can have it all.
I never tried a squash soup before and I shouldn’t have waited so long! It is delicious! And easy!
Even meat lovers will find this soup satisfying. Make it for lunch or supper on a chilly day. It will warm you right up!
After you cook your squash, you may have more squash than you need for the soup. Well, stay tuned! Come back! Like my Facebook page! Follow me on Pinterest or Twitter. Subscribe to Allergy Free Test Kitchen. You will not want to miss what you can do with leftover squash. I came up with a surprising and delicious way to use it.
Savory Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 T. olive oil
- 3 T. tapioca starch (or corn starch)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups sligthly mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 T. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup hemp milk
- In a large pot, saute celery, onions and garlic in oil for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in starch.
- Slowly add broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat and stir in remaining ingredients except hemp milk.
- Keep uncovered and simmer for roughly 10 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup or transfer to a blender in batches and blend the soup until smooth.
- After blending, return soup to pot if using standard blender.
- Add hemp milk and cook until heated through.