Hello! It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything. I’ve been making a lot of the same things over and over and well, life gets in the way sometimes.
But I wanted to share with you this bread recipe I’ve been making very often since last March. It’s very easy and extremely tasty!
This bread requires the use of a lot of eggs. Thankfully, I’m at a point that I can tolerate eggs in baked goods, but not by themselves. So, this bread may not be for you if you eggs are big no-no for you. The best part of this bread to me is the grain free factor. Oh, and the flavor! This is truly a great tasting bread plain, with butter, with jam, toasted or with lunch meats, lettuce and tomato. You can’t go wrong.
Adapted from Paleo Effect Blog.
Grain Free Sandwich Bread
- 1 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 cup flax meal
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a different bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, oil and vinegar.
- Whisk eggs and oil until well combined. Pour into dry mixture.
- Stir to combine completely.
- Spray the sides and bottom of a 4 by 8 bread pan.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on cooling rack.