If you have been following this blog for a while, you may have noticed that I’ve slowed down a bit. Summer has been quite busy. But truth be told, one of the real reasons is that I’ve been hooked on Downton Abbey. I have spent my evenings watching the first three seasons of it. I just love, love, love that show! Anyone else?
Another thing I love, love, love is sweet potatoes! We eat them year around. They are not just for autumn!
A great thing about sweet potatoes is that they are so simple to make. Cooked properly, they almost taste like candy and can satisfy a sweet tooth!
If you have not tried sweet potatoes yet because you have visions of pureed/mashed stuff with marshmallows (yuck!), think again. This recipe is much better. I also have sweet potato fries and grilled sweet potato recipes. (And I’m working on a savory version too).
Also shared at Whole Foods Friday .
Sweet Potatoes and Cranberries
- 2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 T. allowable margarine/butter
- 1 1/2 T. coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 T. cranberries
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in small glass baking dish.
- Melt the margarine/butter of choice in microwave.
- Add the sugar to the melted margarine/butter and stir to combine.
- Pour over sweet potatoes and stir to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add cranberries and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.