Calling all chocolate lovers! I found a new way to get a chocolate fix. Chocolate granola!
I adapted this recipe, tried it, and then two days later I found that Trader Joe’s had a chocolate granola. Then I found a gluten free chocolate granola in another store. So glad I made homemade a few days earlier! Homemade is fun! Homemade is less expensive! Homemade is easy!
Once you try this, you will make this over and over again! I know I have! It makes for a great snack! Better print this out!
If you love this, why not Like A.F.T.K. Facebook page! Or follow on Pinterest!
- 2 1/2 T. coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 1/2 T. canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave nectar)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats (or regular rolled oats)
- 1/3 cup dairy free and soy free mini chocolate chips (or regular mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl microwave the sugar, oil and honey (or agave) for about 30 seconds on high.
- Remove from microwave and stir in cocoa powder.
- Stir in oats and stir to coat.
- Spray a 10×15 cooking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread out oats evenly and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn oven OFF.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup chocolate chips over top of oats.
- Return pan to turned off oven.
- Every 30 minutes or so, remove pan, stir the granola, and return to turned off oven.
- Leave in oven for about 2 hours.
- Cool on counter. Place in sealed container and store in refrigerator.