These gluten free banana cupcakes are quite moist and tasty; and allergy friendly too! Not quite a muffin, but not quite a cupcake either, these delightful little cakes have just the right amount of banana flavoring. I’m actually not crazy about bananas, but I will eat these.
You could top them with frosting if you would want to make them more cupcake like. In the following picture I topped them with an experimental frosting. The frosting didn’t turn out like I was hoping and we scraped it off before eating. However, if the frosting did turn out, my vote would still be for no frosting on these cupcakes; it just made them too sweet for me. Besides, not using frosting helps save you calories and sugar intake!
I have made these three to four times now; each time successfully. I know you and your family will gobble these up. Will you eat them with frosting or without? I would love to hear your comments!
Gluten Free Banana Cupcakes (And Allergy Friendly Too)!
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Blend (spoon flour into measuring cup)
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 T. coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.
- In a different bowl, combine oil, applesauce, vanilla and banana.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Place batter in 12-14 lined cupcake tins (depending on the size of your tins).
- Bake for 27-30 minutes.