Need a quick weeknight meal? Something everyone likes? Try this Fast N’ Easy Salisbury Steak!
Similar in taste to traditional spaghetti and meatballs, this dish is just a little different. Use a higher quality ground meat such as ground round or ground sirloin. Cook regular or gluten free pasta to go with it, add a green salad and there you have it. A fast, easy, delicious weeknight meal in just about 30 minutes! And by the way, the mushrooms and onions are delectable in this dish!
I like to hear from readers! Feel free to leave a comment below. And as always, why not pin the recipe? Or Like the Facebook page!
Fast N’ Easy Salisbury Steak
- 1 lb. ground round or sirloin
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 8 oz. box whole mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (16 oz) cups tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. marjoram flakes
- Pasta of choice
- Form the meat into 4 ovals, similar to hamburger patties
- Brown both sides of oval beef patties in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Drain any fat off.
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce over all and add marjoram flakes.
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until meat is done, about 15-20 minutes. (Don’t overcook or meat will get dry).
- Cook your pasta of choice.
- When ready to serve, place meat, sauce, onions and mushrooms overs the bed of pasta.