This beef and bean dish may not look like much, but it is really good. Sweet and savory combined, I rank this with comfort food.
Other great things about this meal: it’s a slow cooker meal and it makes a lot. I almost always freeze about half. Then some night when I do not feel like cooking I can simply defrost, warm and enjoy.
So, if you are looking for lots of protein, this dish has it. If you are looking for a way to eat more legumes, this is a good recipe to start with. If you are looking for easy, this one is for you.
Sweet and Savory Beef Bean Medley
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cans pork and beans
- 1 can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 3 T. vinegar
- corn chips
- Cook turkey and onion in skillet.
- Place in slow cooker with bacon and beans.
- Combine ketchup, sugar and vinegar. Pour over meat and bean mixture. Stir.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve over corn chips and enjoy.