Jello may make for an odd blog post. After all, everyone knows how to make Jello! But this is a jazzed up version. It’s more than just Jello and water!
I include it here because I sometimes think that people overlook the simple ideas. This Jello concoction makes for a great dessert or snack. Perfect for after supper, before bed, after school, or mid-day, this can be a perfect snack for anyone!
This recipe comes from one of those church/school cookbook fundraiser cookbooks. My book is so old the correction list attached to the book was typed up on a typewriter. You can find some gems in these old cookbooks occasionally!
Putting this together takes hardly any time at all, and it is sure to please everyone!
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetend applesauce
- 2 small, no sugar added, strawberry gelatin
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 14 oz. white soda
- In saucepan, heat applesauce to boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Add juice, water and white soda. Stir.
- Place bowl in refrigerator or pour gelatin in mold.