Leafy greens plus fruit equals delicious salad! Make your own dressing and there will be no worries about food allergies. Plus, this salad would simply not do with a store bought dressing. This dressing is a hit with everyone; even little ones.
So, next time you are thinking of making a leafy salad, go for the fruit! You will not be disappointed.
I adapted this recipe from The Everything Food Allergy Cookbook by Linda Larsen.
Leafy Greens and Fruit Salad
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1 cup leaf lettuce
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup sliced red grapes
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 2 T. orange juice
- 1 T. honey or agave nectar
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 T. dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. powdered ginger
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, toss the leafy greens and fruit.
- In a jar with a lid, combine the remaining ingredients. Shake well.
- Right before serving, shake the dressing again and pour over greens and fruit.