Soup’s on the menu at least once a week during these winter months. And today I bring you a hamburger and vegetable soup. This basic soup is the perfect one pot meal when you add your bread of choice and a green salad.
Ladle up! And do not forget to check out my Pinterest boards or like the Facebook page!
Basic Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- 1 lb. ground round or ground sirloin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 5 1/3 cups water
- 5 1/3 tsp. chicken broth seasoning (like powder or paste)
- 1 (15oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 T. coconut aminos (for soy free, otherwise use Worcestershire sauce)
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup dairy free/soy free margarine (or other allowable butter)
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour (or regular all-purpose flour)
- In a skillet, brown the meat with the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic.
- Drain off fat and transfer meat and vegetable to large soup pot.
- Add water, chicken broth seasoning, tomatoes, coconut aminos (or Worcestershire) and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter of choice and stir in flour of choice until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully stir butter and flour mixture into soup. Cover and simmer for an additional 15 minutes, remembering to stir occasionally.